PINEWOOD FIRE DISTRICT
Closing Date: July 15th, 2021 @ 4pm Salary
Range: $45,700-$55,200 DOE
~Additional $7,000 for Paramedic Cert.
~Additional $1,500 for Degree
Protects life and property through emergency incident response. Responds to and
mitigates emergency 911 calls. Performs firefighting and rescue incident scene
activities; provides emergency medical care and patient transport. Ensures readiness
through facility, apparatus, equipment, and personal maintenance. Performs general
administrative functions. Completes special projects or tasks that further the
Who PFD is:
Pinewood Fire District is the heart of the community in Munds Park. We have a great
culture within our department and strive to provide the best customer service to all our
customers. The position of firefighter will provide support internally to all employees and
externally to our customers as well as surrounding response agencies.
• 18 years of age
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Arizona State Firefighter I&II certification preferred.
• Must have completed a CPAT within the last 12 months.
• State of Arizona EMT-B or Paramedic Certification (Must be Arizona Certified)
• Must successfully complete job-related physical and medical evaluation, including drug
• Must possess, or be able to obtain by the time of hire, a valid Arizona driver’s license
and have a satisfactory driving record.
• Must successfully pass a background investigation
• Must be able to read, write, and communicate in the English language
• Must be able to interact and work with paid and volunteer staff and public
• Must be self-motivated
Applications will be screened to determine applicants’ qualifications • Candidates will be evaluated for skills, abilities and qualifications for this position, including written and oral board. • The evaluation process will be scheduled as soon as possible, and the selected applicants will be notified.
Benefits to include:
Medical Insurance (including health reimbursement account) Dental Insurance
Pay Raise Step Plan
Offer of Employment:
All offers of employment are conditional, subject to satisfactory results of pre-employment screening. Screening may consist of any or all of the following; reference checks, drug testing, pre-employment physical, and production of documents sufficient to demonstrate proof of certification.
Pinewood fire offers full testing services for the position of firefighter through National Testing Network (NTN). To
register with NTN and schedule a test, go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com, select ‘Find Jobs’, then select Firefighter
Jobs and sign up for Pinewood Fire District.