The mission of the Pinewood Fire Department is to provide protection of life, property, and the environment from the effects of fires, medical emergencies, and hazards. We engage the community in our mission through progressive community outreach. We will maintain a constant state of readiness to respond to all requests for services through training, maintenance of equipment, and a desire to serve our community.
Members of the Pinewood Fire Department, through our commitment to innovation, service, and excellence, will always strive to be leaders in fire and life safety services, and be the model of a successful fire department.
Statement of Core Values
We, the members of the Pinewood Fire District are committed to the following values in our interactions with coworkers and customers:
- Professionalism– In application, appearance, attitude and standards
- Integrity– Demonstrate honesty and fairness
- Compassion– Demonstrate kindness and empathy
- Responsibility and Accountability– Professionally, personally and fiscally responsible for our actions
- Respect– For each other, our Department and our customers, the citizens and visitors of Munds Park
- Diversity– Be open minded and responsive to the uniqueness of our community without regard to age, gender, religion or ethnic origin
- Commitment– In all department endeavors
- Teamwork– Encourage unity and a cooperative attitude
- Health and Safety – Personal and professional health and safety is paramount in fulfilling the mission of the Pinewood Fire Department.